Upon the reinstatement of King Norodom Sihanouk, the Royal Arms of Cambodia was also reinstated for official use.
Here are The Royal Crest parts and what it symbolizes:
- Sun – Khmer civilisation;
- Umbrellas – King and Queen of Cambodia;
- King’s sword – Equal justice and power;
- Mythological lions – the power of the people of Cambodia supporting the throne;
- Gold colour
- The sovereignty of the Kingdom of Cambodia
The Kingdom of Cambodia Flag
The colours of The Kingdom of Cambodia’s flag is a reflection of the Nation Religion King trilogy.
- Red represents the nation
- White represents the religion
- Blue represents the king/throne/royalty
The King Majesty Norodom Sihanouk
1922: The king was born on October 31, 1922 to Norodom Suramarit and Sisowath Kossamak.
1941: He was crowned as king on April 24, 1941.
1946: He went to Saumur, France at the Armoured Cavalry Branch Training School to start his military training.
1955: He abdicated in favor of Norodom Suramarit, his father.
1960: When his father died, he became the head of state on June 13, 1960.
1970: Ousted in a coup supported by US General Lon Nol and exiled in Beijing.
1981: He founded FUNCINPEC, a resistance movement, and became its president.
1987: HM Sihanouk and Hun Sen, PRK government’s prime minister, met for the first time to discuss the end of the Cambodian-Vietnam War.
1993: In September, he became king again after the Cambodia National Assembly elected to restore the monarchy.
2012: The king died on October 15, 2012.
Films and Music